Monday 1 July 2013

Hero products from June! (2013)




It's July! What? Where has the time gone? I feel SO old!! Another month, another pick of the beauty stuff that has literally got me through it! So, I just got back from a beautiful, relaxing trip to Mallorca (the quiet Cala Millor resort...no Santa Ponza for me..) and whilst I was there I was heavily reliant on a good few beauty products. I of course brought WAY too much make-up than was necessary and also two pairs of six inch heals that weren't even worn! I'll never learn! But of all the beauty equipment I brought, I used only a handful. The hero products were definately my No7 BB Lips in Blink Pink, Trilogy's Everything Balm and La Roche Posay's Cicaplast Baume B5. I picked up the new NO7 BB lips at the airport because I had a 7.50euro voucher off No7 and the pink one totally caught my eye as it looked very similar in packaging to the Clarins lip perfectors. I'm so glad I picked it up because I literally had it on my lips 24/7. It has UV protection which meant I could happily pout away on the beach (to draw attention away from my pale pasty Irish legs..) and also felt like they were being moisturised and gave a cutesy, sheer pink colour at the same time. HERO PRODUCT! I've yet to try the Clarins Lip Perfectors but I don't feel the need to after this purchase. Cheers No7!
  Ok, so the start of the holiday was a DISASTER as my flight was delayed a whopping ten hours and this left me dizzy, disorientated  and so knackered in the airport that I fell UP an escalator (I know it sounds HILARIOUS! But I nearly DIED from embarrassment!) and one of my poor legs was cut to bits ;( Boo Hoo, I know! Luckily I had La Roche-Posay's Cicaplast Baume B5 in my bag. It totally reduced the healing time for my cuts and bruishes and really soothed my dry skin. It is such a fantastic multi-use product that you can use all over really, it's quite heavy and has a bit of a dairy smell ( like funky milk?!) but my boyfriend was using it as hand cream and over some sunburn too and it did the trick. HERO PRODUCT!
  It wasn't all doom and gloom though because to cheer me up after my sudden brush with death, my wonderful boyf brought me to the Mac stand...Yes, he's husband material, I know! I needed a nice barely there bronzy eyeshadow and one in particular caught my eye and this was the infamous "All That Glitters". It is such a beautiful colour on the lids . It gives a flash of sunkissed bronze on the lids and feels so natural and pretty. It has a hint of shimmer that is barely there and can be worn on its own or can be transformed for night time with a sweep of a darker brown shade blended into the crease. It's my new holy grail of eye shadows and I can know see why it's so revered in the Blogesphere. HERO PRODUCT!
 Moving away from my holiday essentials and onto things that I've used a lot throughout June and these would be the Real Techniques Duo-Fiber brushes. From the pack of the 3 brushes the eye brush really stood out for me. It is the perfect brush for blending into the crease and because it doesn't pick up too much product, it is pretty much a perfect eyeshadow crease applicator. The Face brush was perfect for applying powder because again, it doesn't carry too much product on it, which is perfect I think because who wants a cakey-face?
 And last, but certainly not least, is a nail polish that I've actually been in LOVE with for the month of June and will not take it off is...Maybelline's Super Stay Gel Nails in Hot Salsa. It is the perfect shade of Pinky/Coral with a hint of neon orange. This with a tan. PERFECT! I had to keep looking at my toes on my hols because for once I actually liked looking at my feet! I've never worn a colour like it before and I'm actually obsessed with it :-D

Anyhows, back to life and back to reality and BRING ON JULY!

No comments:

Post a Comment