Tuesday 11 June 2013

Body Lotions for the body and mind...

Hey Hey everyone! :-)
 
   Decided to do a 'quick' blog about body lotions/creams/butters that I've being LOVING over the last few months. Ok, so we all know how important body lotions are for the skins elasticity, hydration, smoothness and so on. No saggy skin for us, no surr-ie! It's become second nature for most people to moisturise their body after showering/bathing. I know I wouldn't feel complete without a big dollap of some Palmer's cocoa butter all over my shivering bod (starting to move into more erotic territory here, oops!) after a good aul' rinse. So, once our skin feels all quenched, we feel all glowy and ready to go. I personally like a non-frangranced body lotion during the day such as Palmer's Cocoa butter without the frangrance or Garnier's own cocoa butter lotion (which is a lighter formula but my skin still feels impeccably hydrated and nourished). This is just because I like to wear perfume and don't want the lotion to overpower it. 
  But for now away from using lotions for lotions sake. I have just found a holy grail lotion. Never have I been more excited to let my senses run wild. May I present to you....

 
 Oh my god. The smell is DIVINE. Seriously. Heaven has a scent. Ok. Clichés aside, this stuff is so beautiful. It's from the Roger&Gallet brand, which they sell in my local pharmacy here in Ireland. It's called 'Fleur De Figuier' replenishing body lotion. To be honest, I've always kind of overlooked their products because I tried one of their fragrances before and it just didn't tickle my fancy and the packaging was kind of 'old lady'?!(you catch my drift...I am so judgy of packaging.. never judge a book, I guess...). Well, I was feeling a little under the weather the other day and needed a little pick-me-up so decided to pop over to the local shopping centre and have a look at some smelling salts, etc. I find certain citrus-y smells are very meditative and give me a sence of calm that I'm craving, such as lime, lemon etc. For example, ALL the Soap&Glory products are LIFE to me! This lotion is rich in fig pulp and fig bud which gives off this delicate sweet amora that has orange-y undertones. There is nothing better than rubbing a lotion onto the skin and letting your worries melt away with the scent of happiness. The key to winding down and letting go is arousing your senses and letting your mind wander into a Lewis Carroll world of it's own. Yeah, this is just me, wandering off yet again. But seriously, it's amazing what a good whiff of your favourite fragrance can do for your spirits. Look at me for instance, decided to get up off my lazy arse and write a blog. Positivity in a (pretty pink) bottle. Also, it's cheap enough (apparently, it's a dead ringer for some Estée Lauder summer scent?) at 14 euro (around 12 GBP).  So, go on, treat your body to the gorgeous smelling marvel that is Fleur De Figuier.
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment